Movement Exploration 1
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until 21 March 2022
Experience the The Incredible Journey of Building the Physical Foundation for Learning, Emotional Health and Dynamic Living
This 32-hour experiential course takes you on an in-depth journey of the developmental movement patterns and the early primitive reflexes that build them. You will leave the course with new skills that optimize learning, working with clients or students, and performance in all areas of life. AND, this training is immediately applicable at home, in school and in therapeutic settings.
- Experience and understand the basic movement patterns and the underlying reflexes that lay the foundation for our movement vocabulary from pre-birth through life.
- Learn about primitive reflexes and how to assess if integrated, residual, or active and why this is important for daily life, behaviour, cognitive skills, learning and over-all well-being
- Deepen your understanding of how stress challenges movement, behaviour, and learning
- Opportunities to experience and practice very specific techniques for reflex integration and movement pattern development, as well as their modifications.
- Develop and enrich your self-awareness and noticing skills
- Learn and use the 5-step balance process
** Explore and deepen your noticing skills for observation of self and students. **
** Experience a dynamic tool that encourages self-management. **
** Discover a dynamic system that promotes and develops opportunities for stress free development and learning. **
For the classroom teacher, a new understanding of body postures and behaviors demonstrated by students in the classroom.
For the physical educator and coach, a new understanding for the lack of physical and mental performance.
For the occupational and physical therapists, another perspective for understanding movement from the developmental perspective.
All professionals taking the course will gain new tools to support the learning process of the brain and body
For the parent or caregiver, a new understanding of your child’s development and how best to support it.
For everyone, techniques and exercises to support your children, students, athletes, clients.
(Pre-requisite: None. Brain Gym 101 strongly recommended)
Zoom link will be sent after registration is complete.
If you have questions, please contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org